Saturday, January 3, 2009

Love this picture.


Don't know why, but I love this picture of Drew (taken with my iphone - the quality is not good, but i still love it). I think he looks so big - just sitting on Daddy's lap in his PJ's.

We had a wonderful New Year's! Sam and I took our first mini-vacation together since Drew was born! We were definitely ready! Sam's parents were very sweet and came to watch Drew in Fayetteville overnight. They had a big time together. Sam and I had a great day of shopping in Branson, then a yummy dinner at Macaroni Grill, and then a wonderful night of sleep and morning of sleeping in! We were very ready to get home and see Drew, but we felt refreshed!

Mom is here this weekend with me and Drew. Sam went to Mtn. Home to hang with his family and work on Drew's toy box. Mom watched Drew on Friday while I worked, and then we have just hung around the house most of the weekend. It has been really nice! I love having my mom around.

Drew news......he is getting tubes this next Friday. While they call it 'surgery', I'm trying not to think like that. Definitely doesn't compare to his previous surgery, but still it is a little scary....them poking a hole in his ear drum. I'm a worrier though. I just hope it makes him feel better. He's had 5 ear infections in the past 3 months and his little body isn't reacting to the antibiotics anymore. I am hopefully that the tubes will mean no more (or at least not as many) ear infections. Say a little prayer for us this week!

On a more positive side....Drew is now sleeping in his own room in his own crib! Its been a little overdue, but with all his infections and not feeling well, we just didn't feel right making the change. Its been a much easier transition than I thought and he seems to love his bed! I'm sure its so much more comfortable than the pack-n-play that he has been calling his bed. Also, Drew is teething like crazy. Not so much fun. He has been refusing to eat his teeth are hurting so bad. He has 3 teeth on the bottom, with his top 2 working on coming in. Growing way too fast....already on 2nd foods.

Hope everyone has a great 2009!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will keep you all in our prayers!

Andrea said...

Drew is growing up so fast! He is such a doll! I hope all goes well with his tubes. I will be praying for him.

Brandi said...

He is getting so big! I love the pictures! So cute!