Saturday, August 2, 2008

Our First Family Outing!!!

Date - August 1, 2008
Place - Northwest AR Mall
Time - 11:00 am - 1:00 pm

On Friday, Sam and I decided that it was FINALLY time for us to get out of the house as a family. We had been itching to do this for a while, but of course with a newborn baby were scared of getting Drew out in public too soon and him catching something. When we were at the doctor Tuesday, I asked him when it was okay to take Drew out in public - and to my surprise he said NOW. We were glad to hear that because we were definitely ready!!!! We thought the mall would be a good place to take him and use his stroller for the first time - plus I really wanted to shop for a new pair of running shoes (I'm getting the itch to exercise). When we got to the mall, it seriously took us 30 minutes to figure out how to work his stroller/car seat combo. It was ridiculous, but we FINALLY figured it out! We spent a couple of hours at the mall and Drew slept the entire time! I think he really enjoyed being pushed around in his stroller! Right as we were getting ready to leave, he started to wake up and was HUNGRY but we made it home before having to feed him! It was SO nice to get of the house together and I'm sure will be doing it again soon! Here are a couple of pictures of Drew's first public outing!


No comments: