Monday, May 19, 2008

32-week doctor appointment

I am going to post some pictures soon…..I PROMISE!

We went to the doctor for my 32-week appointment last week and everything is still looking good! Here were the highlights:

-Drew’s heartbeat was 152 beats per minute
-My tummy measured a little less than 32-inches/weeks (which I was excited about b/c hopefully that means I won’t have a 10-pound baby!)
-Weight gain – wasn’t bad this time, which was a relief!
-Blood pressure was still a little high, but lower than last time and the nurse didn’t have to highlight it in my file, which was GREAT

We go back to the doctor next Thursday; I am going every 2 weeks now until I hit 36 weeks and then I will be going every week.

Early last week, I had my first contractions. Fairly certain they were the Braxton Hicks fake ones, but they sure freaked me out! I started having them early in the morning at work and they continued on and off for a couple of hours. I went home at lunch and laid down (just like we were taught in our childbirth class) for an hour and they went away and never came back! Weird! They weren’t painful, but were definitely noticeable and a little uncomfortable. The dr. said that it is normal to start having these anytime after 32 weeks, so that made me feel a little better!

We graduate from our childbirth classes this week! We have been going the past 5 weeks, one night a week. I was a little skeptical to take them to begin with….just because sometimes the more information I have….the more I worry and anticipate. But the classes have been wonderful and I feel much more informed and actually a little less anxious! Next week we are taking a CPR class!

I’m SO ready for this weekend. Seems like we haven’t had a long weekend or a break since Christmas. I am taking off work this Friday and Sam and I are heading to MH on Thursday evening and staying until Monday. I have a baby shower at my church on Saturday and both my Grandmas are coming in town for it! I am very excited to see them and also to spend some time with little Hayden! Mom says that he is into everything right now; that he is curious about everything.

Sam and I are having maternity pictures taken on Saturday morning….well I guess I am the one having the maternity pictures taken…..but we are also going to have some couple shots done….we haven’t had any ‘real’ pics since we were married….almost 4 years ago. I’m looking forward to that!

Guess that’s about it going on with us for now! I’ll try to post some pictures today or tomorrow!!!!

Have a great week!

No comments: