Thursday, May 8, 2008

Almost 32 weeks and counting………

Can’t believe how the past month has flown by! Sorry for the silence, but it has been one busy, crazy, hectic month! I’ve been on the go – and when I’ve actually had time to sit and relax I just haven’t felt like posting on the blog for some reason! Since things are beginning to slow down a little for me….I’m going to try to be better!!! I know everyone is tired of reading my ‘eggs’ post over and over!

Here’s just a little of what I’ve been up to in the past month:
-Katie’s birthday dinners – Theo’s and US Pizza
-Scrapbooking retreat at the Scrappin Pad in Tahlequah, Oklahoma – went with Amy and Kelley, friends from work
-Garage Sale at Katie’s house – our annual one!
-Sarah Dewey’s baby shower at my house
-My first baby shower hosted by Katie and Lyndsy – Samantha came in from LR for the shower and my Aunt Peggy and cousins Tracy and Kelley came in from St. Louis

I will post some pictures of all these events when I have a chance this weekend.

Then I’ve had work on top of all that fun!!! We just wrapped up and filed our 2nd Quarter 10-Q….my last quarter-end before baby arrives!

Drew’s nursery is ALMOST done! We now have all the furniture; all we have left to do are little things – hang his letters on the wall, paint a trash can, decorate a night light…..all little things that aren’t a big deal at all. I will try to take some pics of his finished nursery and post soon!

We got a TON of awesome stuff at my baby shower last weekend. It was overwhelming, but wonderful! I have an amazing group of friends here in Fayetteville and I know my little Drew is going to love and appreciate them as much as I do! We got a great mix of things – some REALLY cute clothes, a few big items (pack n’ play, exersaucer, bouncy seat, activity mat), lots of essentials (bottles, diapers, wipes, stuff for the car, blankets, etc.), and some fun items (books, toys, etc.). I have just finally gotten everything put up and situated in his room!

I have another baby shower in Mtn. Home on Memorial Day weekend and then a shower that work is throwing on May 30th. Little Drew is going to be spoiled before he ever even gets here!

I have been feeling okay – starting to feel all the aches and pains of the end of pregnancy. I’m trying not to complain too much – but some days I just can’t help it! My belly is getting HUGE and my feet are swelling and HURT really bad. We go back to the doctor for my 32-week appointment next week. I’m praying that my blood pressure is low….its been a little high the past 2 times I’ve went to the doctor (they think its mostly stress induced from work and too much going on in my personal life). These next 8 weeks I’ve got to learn to slow down and quit running and scheduling my life so full! I really want to enjoy the last weeks with Drew in my belly b/c I know I will miss them once they are gone! We really are getting so excited for him to be here!

Sam just finished his school for the semester. I think this has been the hardest semester so far. He has spent so much of his time the past several months on campus, I feel like I really haven’t got to spend much time with him. His engineering classes are so hard – don’t think I could have ever made it through school in engineering. He is so dedicated and I’m really proud of him for working so hard to get through it! Now, he’s on break until he starts summer school May 19th. He’s taking 2 classes this summer – Junior English (he’s been putting off) and some AR History Class (an upper level humanities class that he needs). I’ve banned all engineering classes for the summer – don’t need the added stress of those with a new baby!!! We are counting down the semesters until he is finished – probably 3 semesters left with graduation in December 2009.

Anyhoo….I apologize for the LONG post….just thought I would catch everyone up with what’s been going on! I will post some pictures this weekend!!!

1 comment:

Kara and Travis said...

I'm glad to hear you are doing good. Yes, try to get a little R&R in now, because you won't once he's here! And get your bag packed just in case he decides to come early in 3 more weeks like Eston did. Caught us by surprise. Take care, Kara