Thursday, July 17, 2008

1st Doctor's Appointment

We took Drew to the doctor this morning for him to be weighed. He gained a whole ounce since coming home from the hospital! He left the hospital weighing 9 lbs and today weighed 9 lbs 1 ounce. The nurse said that they would expect him to be back to his birth weight (9 lbs 4 ounces) by his 2 week birthday. Everything looked great with Drew - we go back in 12 days for our next appointment! This was our first family outing since Drew was born. I was exhausted by the time we got home from the appointment!

The rest of the day was pretty low-key. We mainly just laid around the house with Drew. Oh, and Sam went and picked up my iphone today, so I have played with that a little too! Sarah, Emily (Sarah's best friend), and Jeremy stopped by the house this afternoon. They are waiting for their little Adelynn to be born any day! We are really excited for them and can't wait for her to meet Drew!

Nana has really been a big help - she kept Drew in her room again last night so that Sam and I could get some rest. I have been feeling okay during the days, but at night have not been feeling that well. Once I'm in bed, it is really hard for me to get out - so it is difficult for me to take care of Drew. And Sam is busy taking care of me! It is very frustrating because I just want to be able to take care of Drew 24/7, but don't have the strength yet. Hopefully, I will be back to normal soon. I'm just glad that Drew has been really good for Nana at night. However, today he did pee and spit-up ALL OVER her!!!!

Sam's parents were going to come visit for the day tomorrow, but Grandma Viv is now sick! Yuck! Poor thing - she has been through so much this year! We hope that she feels better soon!! Drew is anxious to see his Grandma again! :)

I wasn't too camera crazy today, but did take a couple of pictures. Of course, I had to have a picture of Drew right before his first doctor's appointment!!!!!


It's so fun to dress him up!

Getting ready to leave for Drew's 1st doctor appointment

In the waiting room at the doctor's office - he was trying to smile in this picture

Sweet face

Night night time in a gown from Grandma Viv

3 comments:

Shaney said...

I love that you are updating the blog...I feel like I'm not missing out so much :) Thank you!!! And how cute are those SOCKS! He's just the most precious thing in the whole wide world...

Love you all...
Suz

ajm said...

Julie - You are doing such a great job posting to the blog and I LOVE all of the pictures! Drew is so adorable. :) Amy

Mel Ferro Cole said...

I really love all the cute little pictures of baby Drew! And I love all his cute little outfits!