Sunday, July 6, 2008

Passing time.....

The past several days have just been DRAGGING by. I know I should be enjoying these last few days before Drew comes, but I am SO READY to meet him. I've never been so ready for a weekend to be OVER and a week to START. I haven't been feeling that great lately either - maybe that's a sign that labor is to come SOON (thats what several people have told me anyways). The past two nights I have woken up with nagging contractions (not regular though) and major back pain. It has been SO hard to get comfortable that I just dread going to sleep at night. Sorry for all the complaining! Poor Sam - I feel like I have been complaining so much to him this past week - but he has been so great, understanding and patient.

Friday night - on the 4th of July - we went to Katie and Chris's house for a yummy, yummy dinner. Katie always out does herself! It was so fun to watch the Elkins and Jacobs kiddies play outside and watch the fireworks. And it was REALLY nice to get out of the house and have some social interaction! I wish I would have taken some pictures, but I forgot to take the camera - its packed in our hospital bag.

On Saturday morning, I decided that we HAD to get out of the house for a little while....so Sam and I went and ran around town for a few hours and ate lunch (I was craving Steak & Shake). We found a couple of really cute outfits for Drew at Old Navy (I can't stop buying stuff for him!!), we walked the mall for a while, and then went to Sam's Club (I am obsessed with that place).

Last night, Sarah and Jeremy invited us to their house for dinner - so we grilled out our usual - chicken, corn on the cob, and potatoes. Everything was VERY yummy. We have decided that if Sarah and I are both still pregnant next weekend (we are both praying very much that we will not be!), we are going to have to try a new meal - because our standard chicken/corn/potatoes meal is not doing the trick! After dinner we played cards (my favorite game - Hand & Foot) for a few hours.

Today I am just relaxing around the house and Sam is running around town with his sister, Suz. She is in Fayetteville visiting us and friends for a couple of days. Sam is going to cook us steaks tonight, so I am looking forward to that!

We go back to the doctor on Tuesday (feels like forever away) and hopefully we will have some sort of news to post. I am SO anxious I just can't stand it!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!!!!!

3 comments:

Elizabeth Cheek said...

girl-I was so tickled to find your blog-if you have any questions about labor/babies/nursing/let me know-I loved it all-and it was what one of my degrees was in. I'm so excited for you and will get your gift to you-Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

SLEEP while you can!! I take that back sleeping is hard just REST!!

Unknown said...

We're so anxious and excited for you! Enjoy the down time while you can!