Sunday, July 13, 2008

Beautiful Baby Drew

Our sweet Drew arrived last night (Saturday the 12th) at 11:01 pm via a c-section. He is one healthy boy at 9 pounds 4 ounces! He is also 21.5 inches long! We had a long, exhausting, emotional day that started with 18 hours of labor after my water broke. After I wasn't progressing past a 3, the doctor decided the best plan of action for both me and Drew would be a c-section. I will probably be in the hospital until Tuesday. We have a ton of pictures and I will post several later.....I'm off to a nap for now....we only got an hour of sleep last night and only a few hours of sleep the night before. I am in love with my new baby Drew.....so precious!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I saw the pictures Lyn posted-he is so cute! I can't believe that he is 21 inches long. No wonder you were uncomfortable! Congratulations to you and Sam. I hope you rest well. I love you guys!

melissa said...

Congratulations, Julie and Sam! : )

Unknown said...

Hi Mommy and Daddy:

Now that feels really strange calling you two that, but you sure deserve it now. I got copies on e-mail of the pictures of all of you. Julie--carrying a Haney sure is a lot of work, wasn't it? Keep comfortable with pain medicine. Sam, you did great in the delivery. I am so very proud--congratulations! Look for card coming in snail mail. I love all of you so very much. I am so very excited that everyone was there and got to hold Drew. Take care of each other. Ed and I love you all,
Joyce

Catherine said...

Congratulations!!!! I was checking your blog all day today! So excited for your new family. I hope you can get some sleep tonight! I look forward to seeing pictures soon!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! Get lots of rest while you are in the hospital!!