Monday, July 14, 2008

Last night in the hospital............

We are going HOME tomorrow morning!

The past couple of days have gone really fast, but at the same time it also seems like we've been here at the hospital for WEEKS.

Sweet Drew is sleeping as I type. He has been doing GREAT. The pediatrician said that he is a perfectly healthy little baby! WE ARE VERY THANKFUL. He has been eating, sleeping, and pooping like crazy! We have already learned so much about him in just the past 2 days. He HATES being swaddled (we had been swaddling him like a burrito) and he LOVES sucking on his fingers and putting his hands on his face - that's what he does for comfort (we had been covering up his little hands with mittens). He must have sucked his hand/fingers constantly in the womb. Now that we've figured out those 2 things, Drew is a much more content little baby. He just got weighed a few minutes ago and his weight is down to 9 pounds. He's lost 4 ounces since being born, but I have no doubt he will quickly regain the weight because he has been such a big eater.

I haven't gotten much sleep the past couple of nights - I just can't stop staring at and holding Drew. Last night he went to the nursery for a couple of hours and I just couldn't stand it - I made Sam get up and walk me down to the nursery so we could get him. Waiting 10 months to be with him was SO long and I guess I just don't want to miss a minute with him if I don't have to.

I'm feeling okay. Today has been the hardest day so far as pain goes. I've been trying to get out of bed and walk the hallway a couple times a day, but the pain at times is pretty unbearable. I FINALLY got to take a shower this morning and felt like a NEW person; it was great! The next week is going to be hard, but will be okay because I have lots of help and support from Sam and my mom. My mom is going to be staying with us for a while - until I can at least get around a little more by myself. She has already been so much help with Drew the past 2 days so that Sam could help me.

Guess that's about it for now. Here are a couple of pictures that we took today. I'm sure we will have lots of us going home tomorrow. Thanks to everyone for all the thoughts, phone calls, cards, flowers, and prayers. We really appreciate it!


No more pictures please!

Proud mommy and Drew

Sweet sleeping Drew

1 comment:

Shaney said...

You have a new blog stalker on your hands...

Drew, Drew, my little nephew!! He's changed so much since Saturday night. Julie- you look great! I can't wait to come home and see you all again...and of course, hold and love on Mr. Drew.

Suz (#1 Aunt)