Tuesday, July 8, 2008

A little disappointed.......

There were no changes in dilation/effacement at my doctor appointment today and no date has been scheduled yet for me to be induced. They want me to come back AGAIN on Friday morning to see if I have progressed anymore (they are hoping that I will have at that point)and at that point we will FOR SURE schedule a date to be induced. She is afraid that if they were to induce me Wednesday or Thursday (which is what we originally thought would happen), that the risk would be higher for a c-section. I definitely don't want to have a c-section if at all possible, so I am glad that we are waiting another couple of days to make a decision on the induction date. She said that they won't let me go past my official due date of July 15th....so regardless we will have a baby within the next week! Blood pressure was still high, but I lost a pound. She still doesn't want me to walk - but we might sneak out to the mall to walk in the air conditioning! I am a little disappointed after our appointment - however, I know its for the best. I'm still praying that I just go into labor and don't have to be induced........I'll keep you posted!

3 comments:

Marie said...

Glad that you are feeling good! But sorry that Drew is not here yet! And that you have to wait somemore. I'll keep praying that he comes soon!!!!!!! Can't wait to meet him. Hope you are able to rest and do some scrapbooking!

Elizabeth Cheek said...

Oh girl-so sorry-Well try to rest. . . and scrapbook. And remember he is just getting plenty cooked! esc

ajm said...

Julie - I am hoping that you go into labor soon, but am happy the doctors are being so cautious with your and Drew's health. Try to get some rest.