Tuesday, July 15, 2008

We are HOME!

We finally made it home today around noon. It has been a busy and exhausting day for sure, but we are so glad to be in our own house!

Drew did not like getting all dressed up to come home today! He threw one big fit when we tried to put his take-home outfit on him this morning. I had planned on coming home and playing dress-up with him, but after our experience this morning, I think I will wait a little while for that. :)

He did really good on the ride home today. He didn't mind being in the car seat at all and he slept the entire ride home. Since we have gotten home, he has been napping with mommy and enjoying being in his swing! Sam is feeding Drew right now - he is one big eater! When he is hungry he doesn't hold anything back in letting us know - he screams bloody murder!

Last night when I was feeding Drew he started trying to touch my face and was really grasping my fingers. It was so sweet - and I can't believe how much he is already changing. I want him to stay this way FOREVER!

Mom is on Nana duty tonight and is going to take care of Drew so Sam and I can get a full night's rest. I have been hurting really bad today (and swelling like crazy) and am looking forward to getting a full night's sleep. Mom is finishing cooking us dinner - my favorite - cashew chicken. Its so nice having her around!

Here are some pictures from today!















2 comments:

Marie said...

Drew is so handsome!! And so sweet! Julie, you look great! Can't wait to get together and do lunch at your house. Your pics are great! You will have a lot of scrapbooking to do!

Elizabeth Cheek said...

He is precious-and let me tell you-somehow you love them more each day-I think I'll work on my blog.esc