Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Lovin' on Drew........

So I spent most of the day loving on my sweet, little Drew. Sam, Nana, and I got lots of cuddling time in with Drew today. I swear I could just sit in the recliner and cuddle with him 24/7; I've kind of been a baby hog today, but I do think I've earned it over the past 10 months!

Pretty much all day Drew was either sleeping, eating, or pooping! Oh, he also got his first bath today! He DID NOT like it. It was so sad! We played dress up with him some too! Nana had to go shopping for a couple of new outfits for Drew - his 0-3 month clothes are too big for him (I know this is a shocker). I was so worried in the hospital that he had already out grown his 0-3 months clothes b/c he weighed so much - so I was shocked when all his clothes were actually too big for him! He is SO long, I guess his weight is just well distributed.

Nana was on Drew duty last night - he slept in his bassinet in her room. He only got up 2 times last night to eat - at 3:00 am and 6:45 am; I was so happy that he was that good for Nana! I am SO thankful that she is here - she has been a TON of help and has enabled me to just enjoy my time with Drew and not stress over mundane stuff that needs to be done around the house. I am lucky to have such a wonderful and supportive Mom. Sam and I got an entire night's rest (almost 8 hours - wohoo!); it felt WONDERFUL. Today has been a much better day for me - I have been moving around much more by myself! I still have quite a bit of pain, but I can tell that I am getting a little better every day. I guess that's all I can ask for!

Katie and her mom brought us a yummy home-cooked meal for dinner tonight. Baked chicken w/ bacon and a cheese sauce, twice-baked potatoes, sweet and sour green beans, rolls, chocolate chip pie, and a cake for baby Drew! Everything was so wonderful and yummy - it was so sweet of them to do that for us! Thank you Kate! You are the best!

Here are some pictures from today! Isn't he such a sweetie?!? I am absolutely positively head-over-heels in LOVE!














2 comments:

Marie said...

Loved your pictures!! Sam looks so good feeding/burping him!! And isn't Cotton sweet sitting there beside them! Thanks for sharing with us! Can't wait to see him!

Elizabeth Cheek said...

He's so cute! My babies were big too and long! enjoy every minute-esc